PLUS™ Cell Culture Supplement is a commercially manufactured human platelet lysate that serves as a cytokine rich replacement for fetal bovine serum (FBS). PLUS™ is prepared from platelets sourced from FDA-registered blood banks using state of the art manufacturing techniques and provides a safe, serology-tested product with minimal lot-to-lot variation. PLUS™ offers a true xenogenic-free culture platform that does not require addition of animal-derived anticoagulants (e.g., heparin). PLUS™ supports the culture of various human cell types, including mesenchymal stromal cells (MSCs), adipose derived stem cells (ASCs), dendritic cells, dermal fibroblasts, epidermal keratinocytes, and endothelial cells, and has been tested in both traditional culture systems and advanced bioreactor systems. PLUS™ is available as research grade in bottles and as GMP grade in bags.
- For clinical and research use
- Validated for MSC culture (see “Performance”)
- Increased cell growth kinetics
- Xeno-free media supplement (no animal proteins)
- Minimal lot to lot variation
- Reduced supplementation in comparison with FBS (fetal bovine serum)
- Eliminates the need for bFGF
- Sourced from AABB accredited blood banks.
- GMP Plus Availabiliy
- Human derived product rich in growth factors and other proteins
- No requirements for heparin addition making it a true xeno-free media supplement
- Extensive serology testing ensures safety for each lot
- Improved proliferation without loss of phenotype for numerous cell types such as mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs), adipose derived stem cells (ASCs), dendritic cells, fibroblasts, keratinocytes, natural killer cells, etc.
- Minimal lot-to-lot variation
- Availability of research grade and GMP grade allows seamless transition from research applications to those requiring extensive documentation
- Lower cell therapy manufacturing costs by providing higher cell yield in shorter time