Insulin is an important component in many cell culture media. In which it supports cell growth by promoting glucose and amino acid uptake, lipogenesis, intracellular transport, and the synthesis of proteins and nucleic acids. Insulin also exerts an anti-apoptotic effect on cells.
Insulin is consisted of two polypeptide chains, A-chain and B-chain covalently linked by disulfide bond between cysteine residues. It is produced by the β-cells of pancreatic islets, and its molecular weight is ~5800 Da. abm’s insulin solution is derived from bovine and is suitable for your cell culture needs.
· One shot media supplement to replace liquid FBS
· Sterile filtered; 36 months expiry
· Proven success across wide spectrum of cell lines across several markets
· Widely accepted in Japan market
· All products are produced in ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 13485:2012 facilities.