Anti-aging models and in vitro assays
Anti-aging model is based on human dermal fibroblast. Identify active ingredients among hundreds on our innovative high-throughput assays. Validate or study mechanism of action with dedicated bioassays.
- In vitro model that recapitulates key features of dry AMD pathophysiology, with a screenable endpoint (Live/dead cells in 96wp).
- Full phenotypic, molecular and functional characteristics of in situ RPE.
Use our iPSC-derived in vitro model assay
to improve the relevance of
your ophthalmology dry AMD R&D
Live/Dead in 96 wells plate
- Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD) is an ophthalmologic disease causing irreversible partial vision loss or for the worst cases blindness.
- AMD is the first cause of vision loss after 50 years old, and prevalence is about 25 % for people older than 75. It is estimated that it will affect nearly 196 million people worldwide in 2020, including 69 million cases in Europe (Wong et al., 2014).
- There are two kinds of this pathology : atrophic and exudative AMD, also called respectively dry and wet AMD.
- There are treatments for the exudative form such as anti-VEGF antibodies (ranibizumab and bevacizumab). The atrophic form, which corresponds to more than 90% of cases, doesn’t have any satisfactory therapeutic option exists to prevent vision loss (Schmier et al., 2006).